Hitech GP’s Bart Horsten topped the times in the final session of the day at Donington Park, as the Australian made it three sessions in a row as the fastest driver.
Horsten’s session four time of 1m24.466s was a couple of tenths shy of his best of the day set in session two, but was enough to put him 0.166s ahead of teammate Reece Ushijima, who was second fastest for the third successive session too.
Elite Motorsport’s Javier Sagrera was third quickest, 0.024s ahead of Carlin’s champion-elect Zak O’Sullivan, who was fourth.
Roman Bilinski in fifth was 0.025s further back for Arden, and just over three tenths of a second away from the outright pace, with Ayrton Simmons sixth for Chris Dittmann Racing and half a tenth further back.
Sebastian Alvarez was next up for Hitech GP, with Douglas Motorsport’s trialist Marcos Flack eighth fastest, 0.054s ahead of Carlin’s Christian Mansell. Mansell’s teammate Bryce Aron completed the top-10, which was covered by less than seven tenths of a second.
The top-15 drivers in the session were covered by less than a second.
On the combined timesheets for the day, Horsten’s time from session two remained the fastest, with Ushijima, Alvarez, Roberto Faria and Sagrera all setting their best laps in the same session.
The session four times for O’Sullivan, Bilinski and Simmons put them sixth, seventh and eighth overall with Mansell and Tom Lebbon completing the Thursday top-10 with their efforts from session two and one respectively.
The overall top-10 were covered by 0.668s, and the leading 14 drivers within a second of the overall pace. Series newcomers James Hedley (Elite), Eduardo Coseteng (Fortec) and Flynn Jackes (Hillspeed) were 17th, 19th and 21st on the overall time sheets.
Testing resumes tomorrow at 10.10 with four more sessions.
GB3 Championship in association with the BRDC, Donington Park, Thursday session 4 result:
1. Bart Horsten, Hitech GP, 1m24.466s
2. Reece Ushijima, Hitech GP, +0.166s
3. Javier Sagrera, Elite Motorsport, +0.263s
4. Zak O’Sullivan, Carlin, +0.287s
5. Roman Bilinski, Arden Motorsport, +0.312s
6. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.364s
7. Sebastian Alvarez, Hitech GP, +0.434s
8. Marcos Flack, Douglas Motorsport, +0.601s
9. Christian Mansell, Carlin, +0.655s
10. Bryce Aron, Carlin, +0.687s
11. Jonathan Browne, Hillspeed, +0.743s
12. Branden Oxley, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.778s
13. Frederick Lubin, Arden Motorsport, +0.854s
14. Tasanapol Inthraphuvasak, Carlin, +0.896s
15. Roberto Faria, Fortec Motorsports, +0.984s
16. Reema Juffali, Douglas Motorsport, +0.984s
17. James Hedley, Elite Motorsport, +1.120s
18. Eduardo Coseteng, Fortec Motorsports, +1.153s
19. Alex Fores, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.236s
20. Flynn Jackes, Hillspeed, +1.326s
21. Tom Lebbon, Elite Motorsport, +1.528s
22. Mikkel Grundtvig, Fortec Motorsports, +1.617s
23. Tommy Smith, Douglas Motorsport, +1.685s
GB3 Championship in association with the BRDC, Donington Park, Thursday combined test result:
1. Bart Horsten, Hitech GP, 1m24.281s (session two)
2. Reece Ushijima Hitech GP, +0.150s (session two)
3. Sebastian Alvarez, Hitech GP, +0.207s (session two)
4. Roberto Faria, Fortec Motorsports, +0.214s (session two)
5. Javier Sagrera, Elite Motorsport, +0.276s (session two)
6. Zak O’Sullivan, Carlin, +0.472s (session four)
7. Roman Bilinski, Arden Motorsport, +0.497s (session four)
8. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.549s (session four)
9. Christian Mansell, Carlin, +0.648s (session two)
10. Tom Lebbon, Elite Motorsport, +0.668s (session one)
11. Marcos Flack, Douglas Motorsport, +0.786s (session four)
12. Jonathan Browne, Hillspeed, +0.829s (session three)
13. Bryce Aron, Carlin, +0.872s (session four)
14. Branden Oxley, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.963s (session four)
15. Frederick Lubin, Arden Motorsport, +1.039s (session four)
16. Tasanapol Inthraphuvasak, Carlin, +1.081s (session four)
17. James Hedley, Elite Motorsport, +1.093s (session two)
18. Reema Juffali, Douglas Motorsport, +1.189s (session four)
19. Eduardo Coseteng, Fortec Motorsports, +1.338s (session four)
20. Alex Fores, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.421s (session four)
21. Flynn Jackes, Hillspeed, +1.511s (session four)
22. Mikkel Grundtvig, Fortec Motorsports, +1.680s (session two)
23. Tommy Smith, Douglas Motorsport, +1.833s (session two)
20 October 2021 - Runner-up Simmons: “I left it all out on the track!”
19 October 2021 - Thoughts of a champion: Zak O’Sullivan
18 October 2021 - Champion O’Sullivan “really looking forward” to FIA F3 test prize
17 October 2021 - Race three: Grundtvig grabs victory in final 2021 race
17 October 2021 - What they said: Donington Park race three
17 October 2021 - Final Donington race starts at 16.00 – Grundtvig on pole