Elite Motorsport’s Tom Lebbon set the fastest time in the opening test session of the week at Donington Park, ahead of the GB3 Championship season finale.
The reigning Ginetta Junior champion’s time of 1m24.949s came just as the chequered flag was shown at the end of the 30 minutes, and put him 0.032s ahead of Fortec’s Roberto Faria.
Hitech GP’s Reece Ushijima held top spot for a third of the session, and wound up third fastest, just over a tenth away from Lebbon’s pace.
The Japanese-American’s teammate Sebastian Alvarez was fourth, 0.029s further back with Christian Mansell, still mathematically within championship contention, fifth for Carlin.
Roman Bilinksi was sixth for Arden Motorsport and within three tenths of the outright pace, with Jonathan Browne next up in seventh for Hillspeed.
Elite Motorsport’s Javier Sagrera was eighth, 0.223s ahead of new teammate James Hedley, with Branden Oxley completing the top-10 for Chris Dittmann Racing.
A total of 22 cars were on track in the first session, with only championship leader Zak O’Sullivan missing from the action.
Of the three new drivers to the championship this weekend, Hedley was the quickest in ninth, with Flynn Jackes 15th for Hillspeed and Eduardo Coseteng 20th for Fortec.
Returnees Alex Fores (CDR) and Tommy Smith (Douglas) were 17th and 21st respectively, while Marcos Flack (Douglas) and Tasanapol Inthraphuvasak (Carlin) are evaluating the current GB3 car as they consider their future career options.
The second session of the day is due to commence at 10.45.
GB3 Championship, in association with the BRDC, Donington Park, Thursday test session one result:
1. Tom Lebbon, Elite Motorsport, 1m24.949s
2. Roberto Faria, Fortec Motorsports, +0.032s
3. Reece Ushijima, Hitech GP, +0.112s
4. Sebastian Alvarez, Hitech GP, +0.141s
5. Christian Mansell, Carlin, +0.238s
6. Roman Bilinski, Arden Motorsport, +0.286s
7. Jonathan Browne, Hillspeed, +0.363s
8. Javier Sagrera, Elite Motorsport, +0.529s
9. James Hedley, Elite Motorsport, +0.752s
10. Branden Oxley, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.753s
11. Marcos Flack, Douglas Motorsport, +0.875s
12. Bryce Aron, Carlin, +0.932s
13. Frederick Lubin, Arden Motorsport, +0.933s
14. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.970s
15. Flynn Jackes, Hillspeed, +1.190s
16. Reema Juffali, Douglas Motorsport, +1.193s
17. Alex Fores, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.244s
18. Mikkel Grundtvig, Fortec Motorsports, +1.329s
19. Tasanapol Inthraphuvasak, Carlin, +1.678s
20. Eduardo Coseteng, Fortec Motorsports, +1.802s
21. Tommy Smith, Douglas Motorsport, +1.877s
22. Bart Horsten, Hitech GP, no time set
23. Zak O’Sullivan, Carlin, did not participate
20 October 2021 - Runner-up Simmons: “I left it all out on the track!”
19 October 2021 - Thoughts of a champion: Zak O’Sullivan
18 October 2021 - Champion O’Sullivan “really looking forward” to FIA F3 test prize
17 October 2021 - Race three: Grundtvig grabs victory in final 2021 race
17 October 2021 - What they said: Donington Park race three
17 October 2021 - Final Donington race starts at 16.00 – Grundtvig on pole