Hitech GP’s Bart Horsten was the quickest driver for the second successive session at Donington Park, as the Australian topped the session three time sheets.
Horsten’s effort of 1m24.848s was around six tenths away from his session two benchmark, but enough to put him 0.021s clear of teammate Reece Ushijima, who was second fastest once more.
Fortec’s Roberto Faria was third and only 0.013s further back, with Chris Dittmann Racing’s Ayrton Simmons rising to fourth, and just over a tenth of a second away from the outright pace.
Hillspeed’s Jonathan Browne enjoyed his best session of the day so far in fifth, a tenth clear of leading Carlin runner Christian Mansell who was sixth again.
Sebastian Alvarez was seventh fastest this time around, but only just over four tenths of a second away from teammate Horsten’s pace, with Branden Oxley another to enjoy their best session so far with the eighth fastest time.
Arden’s Roman Bilinski was ninth ahead of Elite’s Javier Sagrera, who completed a top-10 covered by just over six tenths of a second.
Champion-elect Zak O’Sullivan was 11th as he made his first appearance of the day, with 23 cars taking part in the session.
The top-16 cars in the session were covered by less than a second, with the test coming to an early conclusion after Hillspeed’s debutant Flynn Jackes spun into the gravel at Coppice with five minutes remaining.
The final session of the day is due to commence at 15.30.
GB3 Championship in association with the BRDC, Donington Park, Thursday session three result:
1. Bart Horsten, Hitech GP, 1m24.848s
2. Reece Ushijima, Hitech GP, +0.021s
3. Roberto Faria, Fortec Motorsports, +0.034s
4. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.101s
5. Jonathan Browne, Hillspeed, +0.262s
6. Christian Mansell, Carlin, +0.363s
7. Sebastian Alvarez, Hitech GP, +0.413s
8. Branden Oxley, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.441s
9. Roman Bilinski, Arden Motorsport, +0.531s
10. Javier Sagrera, Elite Motorsport, +0.605s
11. Zak O’Sullivan, Carlin, +0.675s
12. Tom Lebbon, Elite Motorsport, +0.698s
13. James Hedley, Elite Motorsport, +0.712s
14. Reema Juffali, Douglas Motorsport, +0.758s
15. Tasanapol Inthraphuvasak, Carlin, +0.766s
16. Marcos Flack, Douglas Motorsport, +0.937s
17. Alex Fores, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.114s
18. Bryce Aron, Carlin, +1.181s
19. Mikkel Grundtvig, Fortec Motorsports, +1.181s
20. Frederick Lubin, Arden Motorsport, +1.213s
21. Eduardo Coseteng, Fortec Motorsports, +1.314s
22. Tommy Smith, Douglas Motorsport, +1.671s
23. Flynn Jackes, Hillspeed, +1.943s
20 October 2021 - Runner-up Simmons: “I left it all out on the track!”
19 October 2021 - Thoughts of a champion: Zak O’Sullivan
18 October 2021 - Champion O’Sullivan “really looking forward” to FIA F3 test prize
17 October 2021 - Race three: Grundtvig grabs victory in final 2021 race
17 October 2021 - What they said: Donington Park race three
17 October 2021 - Final Donington race starts at 16.00 – Grundtvig on pole