Hitech GP’s Bart Horsten was within the Donington Park qualifying lap record in the second GB3 Championship session of the day at the East Midlands circuit.
The Australian’s time of 1m24.281s was enough to put him 0.150s clear of teammate Reece Ushijima, with Sebastian Alvarez ensuring Hitech locked out the top-three spots. Horsten’s time was over a tenth quicker than Jonathan Hoggard’s pole lap of 1m24.401s in 2019.
Behind the Hitech trio came Fortec’s Roberto Faria, who was 0.007s away from his fellow South American, with Spaniard Javier Sagrera fifth for Elite Motorsport and 0.062s further back.
Carlin’s Christian Mansell was sixth this time around, 0.067s clear of Elite’s session one topper Tom Lebbon, with Chris Dittmann Racing’s Ayrton Simmons eighth.
Arden’s Roman Bilinski and Elite newcomer James Hedley completed the session two top-10, which was covered by just over a second. Hedley was again the fastest newcomer, with Flynn Jackes 15th for Hillspeed and Eduardo Coseteng 22nd.
The third session of the day is due to commence at 13.20.
GB3 Championship, in association with the BRDC, Donington Park, Thursday session two result:
1. Bart Horsten, Hitech GP, 1m24.281s
2. Reece Ushijima Hitech GP, +0.150s
3. Sebastian Alvarez, Hitech GP, +0.207s
4. Roberto Faria, Fortec Motorsports, +0.214s
5. Javier Sagrera, Elite Motorsport, +0.276s
6. Christian Mansell, Carlin, +0.648s
7. Tom Lebbon, Elite Motorsport, +0.715s
8. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.762s
9. Roman Bilinski, Arden Motorsport, +0.909s
10. James Hedley, Elite Motorsport, +1.093s
11. Bryce Aron, Carlin, +1.188s
12. Branden Oxley, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.349s
13. Tasanapol Inthraphuvasak, Carlin, +1.349s
14. Frederick Lubin, Arden Motorsport, +1.414s
15. Flynn Jackes, Hillspeed, +1.518s
16. Reema Juffali, Douglas Motorsport, +1.522s
17. Jonathan Browne, Hillspeed, +1.582s
18. Alex Fores, Chris Dittmann Racing, +1.650s
19. Mikkel Grundtvig, Fortec Motorsports, +1.680s
20. Tommy Smith, Douglas Motorsport, +1.833s
21. Marcos Flack, Douglas Motorsport, +2.310s
22. Eduardo Coseteng, Fortec Motorsports, +2.584s
20 October 2021 - Runner-up Simmons: “I left it all out on the track!”
19 October 2021 - Thoughts of a champion: Zak O’Sullivan
18 October 2021 - Champion O’Sullivan “really looking forward” to FIA F3 test prize
17 October 2021 - Race three: Grundtvig grabs victory in final 2021 race
17 October 2021 - What they said: Donington Park race three
17 October 2021 - Final Donington race starts at 16.00 – Grundtvig on pole