Hitech GP’s championship challenger Luke Browning set the fastest time in the second session of the day at Snetterton, with an effort less than two tenths of a second faster than standings leader Joel Granfors.
Browning’s time of 1m42.793s came with just over five minutes remaining of the 40-minute session, and was 0.166s ahead of Fortec’s Swedish contender, though some half a second away from this morning’s pace set by JHR’s Matthew Rees.
Carlin’s Callum Voisin was third quickest in the session, within half a second of the outright pace and less than a tenth of a second clear of Rees in fourth.
Nick Gilkes elevated his Hillspeed machine to fifth place, 0.033s ahead of Douglas Motorsport’s Marcos Flack, who was 0.045s ahead of teammate Max Esterson in seventh. In all, six different teams were represented in the top-six on the time sheet.
Chris Dittmann Racing duo McKenzy Cresswell and Branden Oxley were separated by 0.029s in eighth and ninth, with Carlin’s Spanish charge Javier Sagrera completing the top-10.
The third session of the day at Snetterton is due to commence at 15.15, with live timing available on the GB3 Championship website.
GB3 Championship, partnered by the BRDC, Snetterton Thursday test session two result:
1. Luke Browning, Hitech GP, 1m42.793s
2. Joel Granfors, Fortec Motorsport, +0.166s
3. Callum Voisin, Carlin, +0.485s
4. Matthew Rees, JHR Developments, +0.582s
5. Nick Gilkes, Hillspeed, +0.741s
6. Marcos Flack, Douglas Motorsport, +0.774s
7. Max Esterson, Douglas Motorsport, +0.819s
8. McKenzy Cresswell, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.884s
9. Branden Oxley, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.913s
10. Javier Sagrera, Carlin, +1.148s
11. Zak Taylor, Fortec Motorsport, +1.319s
12. Roberto Faria, Carlin, +1.360s
13. John Bennett, Elite Motorsport, +1.376s
14. Tommy Smith, Douglas Motorsport, +1.459s
15. James Hedley, Elite Motorsport, +1.615s
16. Bryce Aron, Hitech GP, +1.625s
17. Alex Connor, Arden Motorsport, +1.635s
18. Nico Christodoulou, Arden Motorsport, +1.709s
19. Cian Shields, Hitech GP, +1.897s
20. Mikkel Grundtvig, Fortec Motorsport, +2.144s
21. David Morales, Arden Motorsport, +2.225s
22. Tom Lebbon, Elite Motorsport, no time set