The final GB3 Championship race of the weekend is due to commence at 16.42, with Hitech GP’s Bryce Aron starting from pole position.
The grid for the final race is a complete inverse of the qualifying order, with all drivers within 103% of the fastest time included in the reversal.
American Aron was the final driver within 103%, and was just 1.4 seconds from pole despite an issue in qualifying that cost him straight line speed.
Alongside him on the front row is Fortec’s Mikkel Grundtvig, who won both reverse grid events at Donington last year.
Next up are Branden Oxley (Chris Dittmann Racing) and Tommy Smith (Douglas Motorsport) on row two, with Arden’s David Morales and Fortec’s Zak Taylor fifth and sixth.
Elite’s John Bennett and Hitech’s Cian Shields are on row four ahead of Douglas Motorsport’s Marcos Flack and Chris Dittmann Racing’s McKenzy Cresswell.
Race one winner Callum Voisin starts from 19th after qualifying third, while race two winner Max Esterson starts 18th. Championship leader Luke Browning has a chance to extend his margin at the top of the standings as he starts from 16th, with nearest rival Joel Granfors 21st after qualifying on pole. The full grid for race three is shown below.
Pole sitter Aron commented: “I want to win, that’s definitely the goal going from pole. We had some issues in qualifying which held us back which is really unfortunate, but all we can do is really look forward, maximise this race and get as many points as we can.
“It’s an experience going from pole and I’ve been taking everything in that I can learn from it. Although it may not be ideal being a reverse grid, there’s still a lot I can prove in this race and a lot I can maximise and gain from it. So it’s not the ideal way I’d like to be on pole but it’s still an opportunity nonetheless.”
GB3 Championship, partnered by the BRDC, Donington Park race three grid:
1. Bryce Aron, Hitech GP
2. Mikkel Grundtvig, Fortec Motorsport
3. Branden Oxley, Chris Dittmann Racing
4. Tommy Smith, Douglas Motorsport
5. David Morales, Arden Motorsport
6. Zak Taylor, Fortec Motorsport
7. John Bennett, Elite Motorsport
8. Cian Shields, Hitech GP
9. Marcos Flack, Douglas Motorsport
10. McKenzy Cresswell, Chris Dittmann Racing
11. Javier Sagrera, Carlin
12. Nico Christodoulou, Arden Motorsport
13. Tom Lebbon, Elite Motorsport
14. James Hedley, Elite Motorsport
15. Roberto Faria, Carlin
16. Luke Browning, Hitech GP
17. Alex Connor, Arden Motorsport
18. Max Esterson, Douglas Motorsport
19. Callum Voisin, Carlin
20. Matthew Rees, JHR Developments
21. Joel Granfors, Fortec Motorsport
22. Nick Gilkes, Hillspeed